Wednesday, April 20, 2016

YOUR HEAVENLY CALL pt. 4: What is in your hand

Greetings the Lords beloved! 

Today I would like us to look at Exodus 4:2 The Lord asked Moses, "What is in your hand?" and Moses replied, "A rod." Now something interesting is that Moses was now a sheep herder. Once a prince of Egypt now a shepherd. Can I tell you that the Lord is not interested in your life status. He'll use a prince and he'll use a pauper. He looks for those whose hearts are humble and ready serve regardless of where they are on the ladder of life. He seeks willing vessels.

However, if status keeps you from the will and call of God on your life. You may be presented with another direction that is unexpected. Again, I am able to speak of this first hand. The Lord brought me out of the land to do a work in my heart, just to bring me back into the land he had called me out of to finish the work he had started. Know this, God is faithful to us and never looses sight of what he has ordained for us. Even if we allow life to distract us for a season. He is the Great Shepherd and will lead us back. Let's read Hosea 11:4 "I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love. To them I was like one who lifts a child to the cheek, and I bent down and fed them."

Get your note book ready.
  • The Lord will use our life experiences as well as talents we may have. 
These particular gifts and talents have been given to us naturally. It is what the Lord blessed us with and how he wired us. Our interests, our education, experiences we've had, good or bad, that has made an impact or has influenced us in a certain way. Now mind you, the Lord will use experiences that may seem to be negative to us. Those same experiences will be a blessing and encouragement others to know that they are not alone. Let's read in Genesis 50:19-20 But Joseph said to them (his brothers) "Don't be afraid. Am I in the place of God? You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives." Be encouraged. Your past can no longer hurt you. In fact the Lord is going to use it to catapult you to a deeper place in him only to come out victorious and rescue many from the snares of the evil one in the mighty name of Jesus!

I would like to take a moment and allow you to add this to your inspiration board. It may not be easy. But even so, take courage. When you add it to your board, at that point it is not about you, but about others that may need healing or encouragement from such an experience or situation. This is where your ministry prayerfully begins. You can empathize with others because of your past experiences. If you have had a negative experience in your life that has seemly attempted to haunt you every now and then. Let's bring it before our Lord. Lay that thing, experience, sickness, or people involved before the Lord now. Let's pray.

Father God you see me and you see this experience and situation the enemy has tried to stifle me with for years. I give it to you now Father. I lay it and the people involved before you. I ask forgiveness not only for me but, for them as well. I desire to be loosed of this and free to serve you with out any hindrances. Use it for your glory Father. I thank you Lord for hearing my prayer and making me clean and pure in you. Refresh me Father by your Holy Spirit. Renew my vision in you. Fill me with your joy and life once again. I give my life to you. I love you Father and I thank you. In Jesus' name I pray amen.

In Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and sin that does so easily beset us, and let us run the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Examples of natural abilities that the Lord can use but not limited to these listed.

Administrative, stay at home Mom, soccer coach, sewing/crocheting, ballot dancer or instructor, baker, gardener, construction worker, animal enthusiast, tag sale entrepreneur, CEO, teacher, landscaper, arts and crafts, singer, computer wiz, machinist, painter, camp instructor, or even an ice cream truck driver.

These are just a few. The Lord is able to use what you are holding in your hand. You do not need to have a big ministry or be a great T.V. personality to do exploits for the Lord. Remember, he seeks a humble and contrite heart. Just be willing to serve. He will use what you give to him for his glory, and you will be truly blessed as well.

His grace and peace to you and yours.

If this message has been a blessing to you please share it with someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment